Pages

May 11, 2012

Friday Favorites : Thomas Jefferson & Breaking the Rules

The question this week is where to begin?

#1 -- The favorite book I'm reading right now is The Real Thomas Jefferson by Andrew M. Allison.  I'm learning so much about Jefferson that I'm seriously considering a series of posts on him.  Stay tuned!

The Real Thomas Jefferson (American Classic Series)




#2 -- Okay - so, high on my list this week is the day out with my amazing husband to see The Avengers.  On an IMAX screen and in 3D.  And just the two of us.  (No kidlets!)

And two words that capped off the day:  Rally's fries.  Yum!


#3 -- Our homeschool co-op has started a weekly park day, so the kids and I got to visit with our friends Wednesday.

I cannot stress the incredible importance of support when you undertake to educate your children.  I know - there are some families that don't want or need outside support, but I am definitely not one of them.  I schooled for a long time without connecting with other homeschoolers, and I know, that for us, meeting occasionally with like-minded moms and kids is vital.

I'm so thankful to be able to meet with them through the summer!

#4 -- Last night, I did a bad thing.  *grin*  I crashed line dance class.  (Don't tell on me, ok?)

I wasn't sure how much I'd be dancing, given that I'm at 26 weeks and definitely feeling very pregnant.  But it was great.  And a bonus?  I can still walk today!  I'm really hoping to get back into attending (like, officially) this fall after the baby is born. 

Also - the class exposed a strange pregnancy conundrum.  Apparently, I can, in the same week, be (relatively) graceful on my feet while dancing and fall over while slipping on my sandals.  I don't know how it can be, but that's my reality right now.

#5  -- We're looking at the end of the school year approaching rapidly.  I think everyone can agree - no matter how much you enjoy education - summer is definitely a favorite!

(Even for those nerds like me who have been compiling literature lists and government class assignments for the fall with entirely too much excitement!)

Linking up with Rachel

 friday favorite things | finding joy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...