Pages

October 19, 2011

Wirdy Winsday

Welcome to the inaugural edition of Wirdy Winsday!

On the spur of the moment this afternoon, I decided to institute my own meme. 


A meme is "an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."
I have no fancy graphics or buttons, at the moment.  But you never know what might happen in the future.  I've heard it's full of possibility!

Anywhooo...

On Wirdy Winsday, we will adventure into the land of language, featuring our favorite words.  Why?  Simply because we love how they feel, rolling off our tongues.

One of my very favorite words is  pernicious.

:  harmful, especially in a sneaky way  :

As in,

Life without poetry is pernicious to your health.

What's your favorite wird today? 

(Since I don't have one of those neat-o mosquito linky dealies, you'll just have to leave a comment!)

And yes, I know I misspelled "wordy Wednesday".  It was intentional.  And is likely to change.
;D




Also - I'm linking up to Works for Me Wednesday, on the theory that expanding your vocabulary is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...