Pages

October 18, 2011

MM : Speechless?


Wow, it’s been so long since I wrote a blog post that I don’t remember how to begin!  Me – at a loss for words? 

Actually, I’ve been doing a lot of word-working.  Just started attending a creative writing class once a week at the local community college.  (Just started – meaning, it began in August.) 

It’s been very good for me.  And a lot of fun.  But also it’s very strange to have homework to do every week.  *grin*

It’s difficult sometimes to find the time to fit everything in.  I’m still giving my best efforts toward running the house smoothly:  the cooking and cleaning and keeping the kids fed and educated properly.

But I’m also making time everyday to write.  That’s what I feel I’ve been called and gifted to do.  But, you don’t become a body-builder by reading books on lifting weights, right?  So, I’ve been regularly exercising my writing muscles.

(You think I jest?  I finished 3 poems and wrote 1000 words of an essay over the weekend, and got a few nonsense ideas for more verse typed up last night.  Whew!  Makes me tired just thinking about it.)

I have such big dreams for the future…but I won’t get there if I don’t put forth the effort.  (Although, if God has a big, fat book contract sitting around that He wants to get rid of … just kidding!)

What does this have to do with The Home Front?

Good question.  I’m going to try to develop a regular posting schedule.  Ask my kids – if a job isn’t posted in plain sight (preferably in several different spots, with multiple colors of sticky notes) I’ll forget, and it won’t get done.  Hopefully, with a planned posting method, I’ll be able to keep you all in the loop. 

So, here’s to big dreams, lots of prayer, juggling moms, and enjoying the journey!

PS - Happy Blogaversary to me!

PS (again!) - Linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters for miscellany monday...even though it's Tuesday...and not very miscellaneous...oh, well!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you're writing so much! Keep those big dreams and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...