Pages

November 02, 2010

un-American?

“In fact, all of us belonged to a generation that had never been taught the clear-cut, decisive principles of sound politics and economics enunciated by the Founders.  Somebody had apparently decided these were not very important anymore … we were a generation of un-Americans.”     -Dr. W. Cleon Skousen

I got the impression from my education (and the recent attitude of my government)  that America is an unfair and pretty much evil nation, founded by hypocritical, rich, white, elitist racists.  Sounds fairly…un-American.  Is it true

I want to know real American history. The Founding Fathers’ beliefs and hopes for the nation they helped create.  Unaltered by the liberal media or the Progressives’ agenda.  The main principles built into our governmental structure by men who were crafting what would become the greatest nation on the face of the earth.  In their own words.  (Pretty radical, I know.)

So, I’m proposing a blog-&-book club, studying a fantastic book by W. Cleon Skousen, called The 5000 Year Leap, which introduces the reader to 28 principles the Founding Fathers believed in.

I am going to reread the book, and post the main points and my observations.  You are going to (please!!) leave your thoughts in the comments.

Maybe you’ll be moved to buy the book for yourself.  (The populace engaging in free market capitalism?  Inconceivable!)

Maybe you’ll be inspired to do more research on what it means to be an American.  (The populace educating itself?  Inconceivable!)

Maybe you’ll (GASP!) mention your newly acquired knowledge to others!  (The populace discussing with their friends and families information not disseminated by the Department of Education?  Inconceivable!)

Maybe you’ll be incensed at my effrontery and leave me stinging criticisms in the comment box.  (That’s okay…the First Amendment protects your right to disagree with me!)

I challenge you to join me and think about it. 

Because we cannot afford to be un-Americans anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...