Pages

November 09, 2011

Wordy Wednesday : Intention

Good morning -
welcome to Wordy Wednesday!

{And just for the record,
today is certainly a blustery Windsday for us.
I couldn't resist; days like this just make me think of Pooh-bear.}

Nevertheless,

today's word is Intention.

Which, while not an exotic addition to your vocabulary,
has a couple definitions I did not know.



:  a determination to act in a certain way :

My intention today is to clean bathrooms.  And write.




: the object for which a prayer is offered :

I will make my family the intention of my prayers today.




: purpose with respect to marriage :

I'm so thankful God intended my husband for me, and I for him.



What are your intentions today?



Linking up with Works for Me Wednesday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to add something I ran across this afternoon:

"The Lord saw that the wickedness of man
was great in the earth,
and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart
 was only evil continually."
 Genesis 6:5


What have the intentions of your heart been lately?


 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...