Pages

August 05, 2011

Five Minute Friday : Whole...

I’m linking up with Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday.


It’s a little like riding a roller coaster for me:  very scary, but exhilarating, and when done, it’s never quite as good as I hoped it would be.  But very worth it – even if I sometimes frequently doubt the fruit of my efforts.

Anyway…

Here          we          go.



Whole…

I put the words down on the page,
to explain how the day running down
in measured paces according to plan

wasn’t due to my skill or work ethic,
but was all You, Lord,
and it was all about me in the end

I’ve nothing to brag about
except how useless is my strength,
how perforated my plans

(the plans I sat and constructed
over hours when I should have been
praying for Your strength instead)

when the end of the day comes
and I feel as if I’ve conquered
all these minutes,

all these tiny crises of children
learning how to love their brothers
in deed and in truth and in sharing

in the end, nothing of me is worth
sharing except this fact— You love me
because without You

I’m not whole,
I’m not capable,
I’m not me



© Victoria L. Banks



Sheesh!  I don't know why, but that was hard this week.  Wouldn't you like to try it?

Write for five minutes about the prompt, link-up, and hop around to check out some great thoughts from some wonderful ladies.  (And leave lots of nice comments!  Everyone likes comments, right?)

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! Yes, we are nothing without Him but it is so freeing to finally realize that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...