Pages

May 23, 2011

Listening to Lately…

by Tenth Avenue North

……….
You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.
'Cause this is not about what you've done,
But what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been,
But where your brokenness brings you to
This is not about what you feel,
But what He felt to forgive you,
And what He felt to make you loved.
……….

These are not the entire lyrics for this song; it’s just the bridge and the chorus.  The kids and I saw Tenth Avenue North perform this on the 2011 Dove Awards broadcast, and I’ve had these lines stuck in my head for days.  (Thank you to my wonderful husband for downloading the CD for me!)
Anyway – isn’t that the truth?  I’m a new creature in Christ.
I don’t have to worry about the mess I was in when He found me.
Or the enormous messes I end up in, which are entirely of my own making.
Or how unworthy I feel the majority of the time. 
I am remade!

Linking up to lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1 comment:

  1. We love 10th Avenue North. Hannah sang one of their songs at church several years ago -- they do stick in your head!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...